Friday, February 11, 2011

Linear Trail (Banks to Vernonia)

Zach and I both had the day off so we decided to go out on a Mother and Son ride :) Anyone who has pre-teens can understand how excited I was.

We decided to try out the Linear trail. It is a very easy straight forward ride with some nice views. We started about 3 miles into the trail at the Manning trail head and road about 13 miles of the 21 mile trail. I would defiantly ride it again when I am looking for something relaxing.

Those who are acquainted with Dewey will be happy to know that he calmed down after about 8 miles and walked at a normal speed. I am hoping a bunch more miles under his feet will teach him not to use all his energy at the start of the ride.

Zach said this was Oregon in one picture

Some new friends coming to check us out





 For all the train buffs out there it goes right by the Buxton trestle.  Here is some history about it.

http://www.brian894x4.com/UnitedRailway_OregonAmerican.html








I would have loved to ride on the trestle but it is off limits to horses 


No comments:

Post a Comment