Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Introducing Dewey

I have to apologize I have not been in the mood to update my blog since we lost Drover. He was Zach's and it was just hard for me to let him go so soon. Because he was Zach's the decision was made to keep our eye out for a new horse to replace him.

So far we have been really lucky, all our horses have fit in great and I was a little nervous about starting over again. Since we are looking at the cheaper side of the market we have had our share of misleading adds and interesting trail rides. I should say Rachel has had her share of interesting trial rides :) Rachel has been very kind to try all the horses first since she is the most experienced.

Dewey was found on craigslist. His ad had the worst blurry picture and he didn't seem like a great prospect but since he was a Tennessee walker we thought it might be fun to go take a look anyway. After we saw him Rachel and I both thought he was meant to be ours. He is a little over 16 hands and nice and sturdy. Since he hadn't been ridden for several months he was a bit excited but we could both see a diamond in the rough and we quickly decided to bring him home for Zach.

Rachel and Dewey at Forest Park



No comments:

Post a Comment