Sunday, September 26, 2010

More About Me

Are you wondering why I call my blog the Pacific Crest Trail Rider when I have never ridden the trail? I hope to ride a section of it this summer with my friend Rachel. We have a lot of work to do but are already back country trail riders. I am going to chronicle my planning and eventual journey as we count down to the ride. First we have to pick a date for the ride :)

Some things we have already decided, we are going to ride Tango and Turbo but bring Brownie along as a pack horse. Not sure he will like that as he thinks he is the boss. We will be riding the trail as barefoot riders but we will have boots when we need them. The time frame for the ride will have to stay right at about a week as we both work and I am in school. 

Here is some info about the trail and about choosing to ride barefoot.

Pacific Crest Trail Association

We use the easyboot glove style of hoof boot and they have been working out well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment