Sunday, September 19, 2010

Introductions

Well not exactly the beginning but the beginning of my blog....

I have started this blog to chronicle my journey from horse lover to horse owner. I have always wanted a horse just like any young girl out there but that desire never left. It has taken a long time (and no I am not going to say exactly how long) but I finally got one. He is my baby and I love him like any ten year old girl would.

This is Turbo about a week after I got him home.
         

Turbo is a 10 year old sooty buckskin quarter horse and I have had him for about 3 months now. He has already taken me many places and taught me a lot. He is the best first horse and I love his unusual colour.

Since I actually have a 10 year old daughter I couldn't get a horse without getting one for her. We got brownie while she was in Canada and he is a 16 year old Appaloosa/Arab cross. He is a stubborn little horse but he is perfect for her. Shhhhhh, don't tell her but I thought he was totally ugly when we first got him.




We also have a third horse Tango that stays here he is an 11 yo Thoroughbred that belongs to a friend.

image 1983682079-1

There are also a couple of boys in th mix, my husband and my 12 year old son. They like to ride horses but are not horse crazy like the girls in the family.

Just writing about them makes me happy. There is nothing like the smell of a horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment