Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tryon Creek State Park



Today was a great day! My daughter and I went out close to home and found a nice little park hidden away in Lake Oswego. All the trails are gravel so it seems like it would be usable all year but bring boots or horses with hard feet if you go barefoot. The two main trails are probably about 3.5 miles in total so it is not a large park. But it is a windy trail with lots of elevation changes so I didn't find it boring. I wouldn't bring someone who is scared to go up or down hill. There were also several wooden bridges to cross.

 We found it very scenic and my daughter wants to go back again. I loved how the fall leaves crunched under our hooves. There was lots of foot traffic but we were the only horses. The parking area was small but easy to get in and out of.



No comments:

Post a Comment